SYNTHESIS AND APPLICATION OF NANO SILVER TO SIMPLIFY TISSUE CULTURE PROCESS
Prizes: - The Third prize of 15th National Technology Innovation Competition, 2018-2019 - The Third prize of Thua Thien Hue Technology Innovation Competition, 2019
- Field: Materials - Chemicals - Energy
- Authors: Le Quang Tien Thinh, Phan Thi Thao Nguyen, Le Duc Nhat Quang,
- Truong Thi Bich Phuong, Le Quang Tien Dung
- Unit: University of Science, Hue University
This research aims to create a simple, low-cost tissue culture procedure that is convenient for plant breeding. Some outstanding results of the research:
- Synthesis of nano silver using aloe vera extract.Nano silver solution has high stability, the particle size ranges from a few nanometers to several tens of nanometers. The method of synthesizing nano silver is quite simple, can produce large scale. Synthesized nano silver has good antibacterial, antifungal properties.
- Researched and introduced a simple tissue culture process using nano silver, without using autoclave, clean room, and specialized equipment for tissue culture. This is a new result forplant breeding.
The project has been researched and successfully applied to propagate Dendrobuim parishii by simple tissue culture method using nano silver at Department of Biology, University of Science, Hue University. The initial research project was signed by Medicine and Pharmacy Joint Stock Company - MEDPHARMA to sign a contract to buy nano silver solution for application in propagation using simple tissue culture method to develop medicinal plant varieties grown in Nam Dong district, Thua Thien Hue province. In the coming time, we continue to introduce nationwide this process to individuals/ organizations developing seed sources by tissue culture method.
IN THIS TOPIC