Alcohol-based hand sanitizer formulation according to the World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines.
When the COVID-19 epidemic was widespread in China and some other countries, including Vietnam. Through the communication channels and prevention guidelines of the Ministry of Health, the need to use hand sanitizers for COVID-19 prevention has increased, many health facilities, schools and households prepare hand sanitizer according to WHO guidelines. This hand sanitizer is suitable when scarce, or in case it is difficult to access clean water to practice hand washing, although hand washing with soap and water is still the best way to reduce germs.The following is a formulation of WHO hand sanitizer solutions based on research evidence, according to standard - EN1500.
1.Materials and tools:
To prepare 10 liters of hand sanitizer according to WHO guidelines, the following quantities and types are required:
- 96% alcohol (Ethanol alcohol): 8333 ml
- Glycerol 98%: 145ml
- 3% hydrogen peroxide: 417ml
- Distilled water or water that has been boiled and cooled.
- Aromatherapy can be cajeput oil, lemongrass, lemon
- 20-liter bottle or container, measuring, stirring tools and bottles or special-use spray bottles (10ml, 50ml, 100ml, 200ml, 250ml, 500ml ... as required) for extraction.
Notes on materials and tools
- Chemicals and needed tools can be purchased at medical equipment stores , particularly glycerin should be derived from plant extracts at selling food / cosmetic materials stores .
- Alcohol content must be the correct concentration, if low, the formula must be changed according to other instructions.
- Tools used for preparation should be washed with soap . If the device is heat resistant, it can be boiled through or rinsed with boiled water .
2. How to prepare:
Measure out the amount of alcohol, add glycerol, hydrogen per the amount instructed, add flavorings and add water to make 10 liters (10,000ml). Mix well by stirring or shaking, then extract into small bottles for use.
During the practice, wear gloves to avoid skin irritation. Avoid getting liquid in the eyes .
Quick action, broad antiseptic (including fungi, bacteria and viruses, except for intestinal viruses) and minimize the risk of antibacterial as well as harmful effects on the hands.
4. How to use:
Each hand sanitizer, spray about 2-3ml of the solution into the hands and then perform hand washing operations according to the instructions of the Ministry of Health are palms, fingers, palms, fingertips, The thumb is reached.
Users need to choose hand disinfectants prepared in accordance with regulations to ensure safety due to skin irritation, dryness, cracking ...
5. Notes on preparation:
To ensure efficiency and safety when mixing, we need:
- Ensure the correct alcohol content to the alcohol content of 96% and other ingredients. The solution after preparation must reach an alcohol content of 75-85%. Low alcohol content will not guarantee effectiveness, high concentrations too volatile, dry skin, flammable, ...
- Should not arbitrarily change more or less materials.
- After 72 hours of preparation and extraction into a new small bottle to use to ensure the remaining bacteria in the solution when preparing (if any) are destroyed.
- Dispensing in a cool place, avoiding sources of heat and static electricity can easily catch fire and explosion.
- Dispensing quickly and tightly closed to avoid evaporation reduces the alcohol content.
- There are instructions for use, ingredients, date of manufacture, expiry date, warning, place of manufacture, etc. in accordance with health regulations
IN THIS TOPIC